A living room, also called a lounge or sitting room, is a room inside your home or apartment for relaxing and socialising. Such a room is mostly near the main entrance at the front of the house. In small apartments which do not have enough space for a guest reception room or drawing room, the living room may also function as a reception room for guests.Mostly a living room is the space where the family members gather to spend time together. It’s a space designed for recreation and entertainment, the space where guests are welcomed whey visit. Living room is mostly located in central area of house so that its not out of reach for any family member.This room is generally furnished with comfortable chairs, sofas, recliners and other sitting options and often include a fireplace and a media unit with a TV. The decor may include artwork, framed family photos, etc.
Lets see some elements or items that are needed for a living room-
1.Seating -A sitting area in the living room , is often small and cozy, usually formed by a sofa and a couple of armchairs, Recliners , ottomans or beanbags . A sitting area id entirely devoted to comfort.The living room is where you entertain your guests. This can mean playing board games, watching a movie or simply chatting. The space has to be large and airy so everyone can move around freely and comfortably.
2.Tables -A table in living room may serve many purposes , it can be used to display an array of books and other prized possessions like souvenirs, medals, decorative items and more.The addition of a table also adds another layer of decoration and makes the whole room more put together and visually interesting.A sofa table can act as a welcoming element to guests we can usethe tabletop as display space for candy dishes or favorite books.Coffee table , side table , end table are various types of tables one can use
3. Cushions, pillows(decorative and Floor), blankets (sofa blanket and throw)
Does your living room look dull and boring ? . Often the task of redecorating your living room could be solved inexpensively if you consider the idea of adding using a few cushions or pillows to spruce up your room.cushions can pull together all the elements of a room and bring harmony to a dull or mismatched room.
A bunch of floor pillows is also a great way to add some charm and coziness to your living room, these pillows are very comfy to sit on. That makes them perfect for a meditation corner, a home cinema or simply to fill up an empty corner. If you’re having unexpected guests you can always organize enough casual seating places .here are plenty of kinds and sizes available in floor pillows nowadays because of their popularity in different cultures and countries,
A Throw or a Sofa Blanket can add charm to any living room , A neutral-colored throw ties all the colors in a room together.It gives the room an inviting and warm look .
4. Television- Most people keep their televisions in the living room as it serves as a place for entertaining friends and family,The television can be set within a charming dark wooden panel,it should be placed close to a power source, Also, consider where the windows are and how much glare you’ll get on the screen.it’s always best to put the television on eye-level,you can Incorporate your television into your decor by placing it on a unit such as a bookcase and surround it with books, objects, and photographs.
5.Book shelf, display cabinet– A bookcase, or bookshelf, is a piece of furniture with horizontal shelves, used to store books or other printed materials. Bookcases are used in private homes, as well as in libraries, offices and bookstores. Bookcases range from small, low or high models touching the cielings. A bookcase may be fitted with glass doors that can be closed to protect the books from dust or moisture. A small bookshelf may also stand on some other piece of furniture such as a desk or chest.
A Display cabinet is a cabinet with one or often more transparent glass (or plastic, normally acrylic for strength) surfaces, used to display objects for viewing
6. Wall shelf– Wall shelves can be used to turn empty walls into a great place to store and show off your things. they can be coordinated with the rest of our furniture. A shelf is a flat horizontal plane which is used to hold items that are being displayed or stored. It is raised off the ground and usually supported by brackets or columns or pillars. A shelf is also known as a counter, ledge, mantel, or rack.
A shelf can be attached to a wall or other vertical surface, be suspended from a ceiling, be a part of a free-standing frame unit, or it can be part of a piece of furniture such as a cabinet or a bookcase.Shelves are normally made of strong materials such as wood,bamboo or steel, though shelves to hold lighter-weight objects can be made of glass or plastic.
7.Lamps – floor , table lamp, wall scone , hanging lamp-In a good living room , different kinds of light, set at different levels work together to make the space warm and attractive. You can use dimmers that allow you to control the level of light to suit the activities that take place in the space.Lighting can be magical. You can go online or visit your local lighting showroom and learn about the new light sources and colors now available.When you want to highlight certain features in your living room, like a fireplace, textured walls or a favorite painting, accent lighting is the way to go. Recessed, adjustable lights directed to points of interest or under-cabinet lighting in a display case that highlights selected objects are examples of accent lighting.Ceiling lights, wall-mounted fixtures or portable lamps can provide the ambiance that casts a warm glow in your living room. It controls glare and provides the general illumination that makes the living room feel comfortable and inviting.When you want to read a book or need to write at a desk, good task lighting helps you get things done. This brighter light can be a floor lamp with a swinging arm next to a comfortable chair, or a directed light source over a desk.
8.Green plants and planters– Plants are inexpensive decoration items that give life to a room, but they also give you good health. The modern home is host to many items of man-made material which emit dangerous gases in the home. Even running your heater brings in and stirs up dust and particles which are inhaled and can be harmful.Growing plants in the home interior helps bring a little nature into your living space and cleans the air as they add their effortless beauty to the decor The living room is much used by family and one of the first rooms viewed by visitors.The living room plants lets everyone know that you value life . Choosing plants for the living room that will thrive relies upon selecting those that do well in your home interior conditions.
9.Paintings , prints , posters , photos– Which can collectively be called Wall Art When chosen thoughtfully, the right wall art can brighten the entire room. Wall art matters most in interior design.Once you find a painting or wall hanging that you absolutely love, you can use that piece as the inspiration for your your room’s eventual color palette.Your first step is to pick out two or three shades from wall art that you’d like to incorporate into your decor. Then, look for those colors in the items you use to decorate your space.
10.Telephone -A telephone , or phone, is a telecommunications device that permits two or more users to conduct a conversation when they are too far apart to be heard directly.Some people like to use Telephone as a decorative piece for this they like to buy beautiful and sometimes vintage phone sets
11. Decorative objects for wall shelf and floor– You can revamp your home Decor with many decorative items ! Brighten up those walls with colorful wall stickers, beautify the living room with Buddha showpieces, add a colonial-style wall clock , bring in a beautiful flower vase , display your favorite memories in designer photo frames, or add a sweet fragrance to your home with some lavender incense sticks. All these help to beautify your home and give it a fresh, Leave your guests stunned with our exclusive collection of home decor and furnishing.Floors can be decorated by adding Floor Lamps , large cushions for seating , plants in decorative pots , fake plants,
12.Rugs and carpet-A carpet is a floor covering typically consisting of an upper layer of woolen or synthetic pile attached to a backing. The “carpet” is often considered same as “rug”, although “carpet” is usually floor covering that covers an entire house, whereas a “rug” is generally a small carpet .Carpets are used for a variety of purposes, including insulating a person’s feet from a cold tile or concrete floor, making a room more comfortable , as a place to sit on the floor reducing sound from walking and for adding decoration or color to a room.
13 clock– A clock is an instrument used to measure, keep, and indicate time. That being its basic function , clocks are however used to decorate in our homes too .Market is full of beautiful time pieces which can add decor and also be useful
When faced with a blank wall or tabletop, your first thought might not be to add a clock, but this maybe the element your space is missing. Choosing a timepiece with a unique frame, whether vintage and ornate or modern and sleek, transforms the functional object into a work of art—it’s not the time that will draw your eye, it’s the gorgeous design. A beautiful clock can hold its own in a variety of places, mingling nicely with other decorative pieces on a mantel or becoming the singular focal point when hung alone above a chair. Where will you put yours?
14 Mirror- Mirror is a surface, typically of glass coated with a metal amalgam, which reflects a clear image.Mirrors are great for so many reasons – they reflect light, they open up spaces, and they just make rooms look better in general. But before you start hanging them left, right, and center there are some things to keep in mind. Here are a few tips on how to decorate with mirrors.Before you hang a mirror it’s important to think about what will be reflected in it. When hung opposite an important architectural element, painting, or piece of furniture it will give that item even more importance. Don’t be afraid to use a large mirror in a small space. Mirrors create the illusion of depth and space so they can really help make a small room feel bigger .
15. screen , room divider-Sometimes to create more space we want to divide a room and make two instead of one, Now it is really simple. The only thing we need is a wall screen divider which could be part of your contemporary living room and interior home decor these can be – wall screen dividers that can perfectly give the answer to the question how to decorate a living room without a lot of efforts. It is very easy to use, and the only thing what could be difficult is to find appropriate design of it or place it in a interior room.Sometimes a bookcase can be a good room divider, or curtains or folding screens ! look out into nearby stores or online stores and see whats available and into your budget .
Happy Decorating everyone!